- Published: Wednesday, 09 November 2016 00:00
What does it involve for societies, communities or individuals from different countries to live and work together towards common objectives? How do we share cultures? What does it mean to be culturally aware? And why does it matter?
Enhance your organisation's understanding of these issues and strengthen your business results with our Cultural Awareness and Intercultural Communication workshop.
The programme will be delivered by our Associate Consultant, world class leading expert Dr Lorella Viola PhD, who undertakes research in Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics and Intercultural Communication, has worked as a legal and court translator and currently teaches in the field of Intercultural Communication.
Cultural awareness is a major element of cultural competence and the foundation of intercultural communication. We will reflect on the importance of cross-cultural communication in everyday life and the workplace.
In this interactive workshop you will learn how to:
- Acknowledge how culture shapes our own perceptions
- Be more responsive to culturally diverse colleagues and clients
- Be more sensitive and accessible as a global citizen
- Be alert to cultural differences and similarities that will present opportunities and challenges to working in a multicultural environment